Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pepperell Skydiving

To be fair, I was not the actual participator in this event. I went for my own moral support, and to catch should anything go wrong. We found out about this place via groupon (of course!). J had wanted to skydive for some time - part of his bucket list. We drove up a long dirt driveway to what looked like a shanty town. It looked like the place could be broken down quickly if the locals got restless. We found our way to the office, signed in, and sat down for the video instruction. During the video, they explained in great detail all the legalese of the papers being signed. I suppose this is a good thing, but the number of times they mentioned the phrase "be killed" did nothing to ease my fears. After the video (which ended with some mood lightening bloopers), we wandered around the site, waiting for J's turn. I got a hot dog at Skippy's Drop In Cafe, and we watched as people fell from the sky like brightly colored snow flakes. Then it was J's chance. Rich, the instructor, came over, introduced himself, and away they went. About 20 minutes later it was over. J landed safely.

Over all, I liked the place, and would recommend it to a friend that was skydiving inclined. They were professional and safe, and had food and chairs for those who weren't skydiving inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment