Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Foundry on Elm

I have been hearing about the Foundry since it was in the planning stages, and it sounded too good to be true. A downtown/South End style restaurant and bar in Davis? Not going to happen. But it did. I went last night with a friend to try out the Davis newcomer. It was surprisingly large. The front half is more the bar scene, with music, tvs and lots of chatter. We didn’t care where we sat, so they put us in the back. We got to see into the kitchen (they have nothing to hide!), and enjoy the quieter ambiance. We tried the 80’s retro drink special, the raw bar, smoked salmon, and crabcakes. It was all fantastic, and the service was great. I think we had four different people who stopped by our table to quietly remove anything we were done with, and our waitress couldn’t have been better. I think I have found my new favorite spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment